Monday, October 30, 2006

Advice from Larry Kunofsky after I told him my concerns about how I’ve never written a novel and about how I’m not even sure I can write prose again:

Advice from Larry Kunofsky after I told him my concerns about how I’ve never written a novel and about how I’m not even sure I can write prose again:

it's good to have a notebook.

and, if so, a pen.

or you could use a pencil.

if not, you could get a computer.

try to write something that oprah will like.

it's good to accumulate facts about yourself for the dust jacket.

When devising a plot, it's good to devise one that is compelling.

ultimately, fuck it, just write prose instead of dialogue. you don't need to learn any more.

what IS a character anyway? I'm not sure I've ever met one or have even been referred to as such.

No comments: