Monday, November 13, 2006

day 9

The writing is slowing down some. I didn't write on the novel yesterday but i did get some other stuff done that needed doing.

At the rate i'm going, based on how big (or small) a novel i think this is, it willl take me between 3 and 5 months to finish this thing. And since I've only been workin on it since Nov 1 and I'm sure some plays will begin to intrude soon, i have a long way to go. I may be a tenth of the way through at this point. Or an eleventh. or a twelfh.

word count 5835

Here is the first paragraph of the day:

Which is how Jake always gets me to go out. He always did that. He had a way of getting me to do whatever he wanted. I tried to resist, tried to be my own person, but he would always lure me into his world. And he knew if he said he’d introduce me, I’d go. Would he actually introduce me? He was always too busy at these things to pay much attention to me. But I was a born sucker. I thought about that for a while, unhappily. I went to the refrigerator to get another beer. I took it to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I looked bad. I needed to shave, but if I shaved completely I would look young. I needed that I-shaved-three-days-ago look. But I didn’t have three days. My hair was also getting long in a bad way. I needed to get a haircut, but where was I going to get the money for that? I took the scissors from the cabinet. Maybe I could just trim it a little. I took a drink from the beer can.

1 comment:

14sombras said...

hi, enter to my page www.14sombras.blogspot.com